November 28, 2010

Boat Tote

As I have stated earlier, I am making a lot of Christmas presents this year and most of them are being made with my sewing machine.  The reason for this, I was truly inspired when I went to the International Quilt Show in Houston a few weeks ago.  It was AH-MAY-ZING!  I have dug out my sewing machine and been using it almost exclusively since.

Anyways, onto the boat tote.  I have poked around online and found a great tutorial for a boat tote from The Longthread.  I made minor changes to the original design (see, I told you I don't follow directions well), but nothing so major that I wouldn't credit the design to the original source.  After seeing the tutorial, I decided to make two, one for each of my son's two morning preschool teachers.  The reason I decided on this tote was I wanted to give a gift that was practical, useful and if they didn't like it, easily re-gifted.

Without further ado...I present to you, boat tote number one.


Unfortunately, boat tote number two is still in production.  It is patiently awaiting fabric in the mail...and starting to grow impatient since UPS has claimed that it has been out on delivery for the past three days.  I hate having to order things online, because of my serious hate for any postal or delivery company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...