January 18, 2011

Blast From the Past

I figure instead of not posting anything today, that I would post a piece of work that I did in the past that I love and would love to share with you.  Today I am sharing with you, "Fruit Bowl."  I know, real original name right, but this is on my counter and is used as my fruit bowl. 


I am part of MOMS Club and we went to a ceramic painting place one night for a MOMS Night Out. This is what I painted and the reason I painted the fruit in it...so that there would always be fruit in my fruit bowl, even if it wasn't real fruit.  The messy outlining of the fruit was done intentionally.  The outside of the bowl was done with a flecked red glaze, the flecks are white.  I highly encourage anyone to go out and paint pottery, it was a blast and so much fun with a group of friends.  A lot of these pottery places even do birthday parties.  Just an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...