March 28, 2011

Pillowcases

I while ago, I made my son a quilt that was all decked out with Disney's Cars fabric with other coordinating fabrics.  He loves it and alternates between sleeping with that and his fleece Thomas the Tank Engine blanket I made him.  Anyways, I seriously overbought fabric when making my very first quilt (something I am sure others can probably relate to) so I had a lot left over.  I wanted to figure out a way to use up some of that fabric and came across a really cool tutorial for pillowcases over at MADE.  It was for the ConKerr Cancer Pillowcases.  While, this specific pillowcase is not being donated for cancer, I would love to do this with a group of people someday.  Maybe I can talk my MOMS Club into doing this as a service project.  It was a very simple tutorial to follow and I managed to bust out a single pillowcase in less than 30 minutes.  Maben is so happy with it that he won't let me steal it away for photos without him in it.  So, you get to look at Maben's awesome new pillowcase with him laying on it.


I don't think he could have been any happier with it. 

P.S. I can hardly wait  to go see Cars 2 this summer as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...