May 22, 2011

Special Delivery

Friday night was a great night, hubby brought home a special delivery.  A truck full of lumber and the best part...IT WAS FREE!!!


Totally not kidding!  FREE!  This is all pecan that was cut with a chainsaw and has been air drying for 10 years.


I am sure you are asking how did we get this for free?  Craigslist!  Hubby got a friend of his to go along with him and they weren't even the first ones there and we got this much.


That's also wood inside the cab of the truck.  Oh, the ideas that are running rampant through my head on how to use it up. 


To give you an idea of some of the sizes.  Hubby there is 5'10.  Most of the slabs are about 2 inches thick.  It's all so beautiful.


Look at the figure in that piece.  GORGEOUS!  I have died and gone to wood heaven.


Hubby made out with a totally awesome score and I am going to get to benefit from it!  THANKS HUNNY!  So glad I let you go.  Now I am going to be fighting him for garage time.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool. What are you planning to create with it? I definitely need to start watching Craig's list from now on!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...